If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Saturday, May 23, 2009

What Is Important




Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

~
Ambrose Redmoon


It is more important to stand for something than to live a convenient life.
Is it fun? No.

Is it easy? No.
Is it the right thing to do? Yes.
Can you make a difference? Hopefully.

One thing I regret is letting Patrick stay the night at my house. I also regret that I didn't immediately tell everyone at the church the information I knew from the psycho-sexual evaluation in June. Eddie and Kathy would have been exposed. I believe maybe then that they would not have had the same support in hiding from and avoiding the authorities. I would hope that most of the people that ended up writing letters of support for Patrick would not have.

I had a letter drafted and ready to send to the church congregation but was strongly discouraged from sending it out for two reasons. One reason was that we could have been "sued for slander" and another was that we could have been hindering the case. The state really didn't have any idea that the Rojas family would run and that Patrick would be supported in keeping secret additional victims. The state underestimated Patrick and Eddie Rojas.

We kept quiet because we didn't want to hinder the case.

Now Eddie is on the run with key witnesses. And the additional information attached to our case is protected under a plea agreement, I feel the case has already been hindered and not by us. As far as the possibility of slander charges go--lets' just say we no longer have anything worth suing for.

As one of my good friends would say, "Bring it on!" This is where the above quote by Ambrose Redmoon speaks to me. Please be on the look out for Eddie Rojas and his family. And please be aware of what Patrick looks like. Because it is more important to spread the word to protect other possible victims then it is to live an easy and convenient life.

No comments: