If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No Contact

When Patrick Rojas gets off probation in August, he will no longer have any legal obligation to obey the court-ordered sentencing conditions he was given by the judge. One of the conditions that would personally affect our family is the no-contact order. Currently, Patrick isn't allowed to contact anyone in our family in any way. That order will no longer be in place once he is off probation.

I am currently in the process of finding out how to extend the no-contact order. This means I have to send e-mails, make phone calls, and fill out lots of paperwork. I am hoping I will be able to do this without the expense of a lawyer. I really don't want Patrick to have the freedom to contact any one of us for any reason at all. One would think that none of the Rojas' would contact us, but what seems like common sense to some doesn't to others. A no-contact order is the only assurance I have that we won't be contacted by Patrick.

This is one of the practical things I have to deal with that I do not want to deal with. One in a million reasons I cannot just let all of this go and leave it behind me.

No comments: