If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Would Trade It All

Eddie and Kathy, I would trade all the meals, child care, tutoring, family game nights, spiritual guidance from you for the knowledge that Patrick was a pedophile. You knew! I would give it all up to have had a choice.

Jairus, I would trade all the handy work you did around our home, your painting skills, the weeding you did for us, if you would have just stopped your brother Patrick from hanging around our family. I would trade it all if you would have just intervened and
thwarted Patrick's plan of staying the night at our home. You knew!

General congregation members....I would trade all the meals, times at your homes, child care, financial help, homeschooling help, personal encouragement, holiday gatherings with you, if you would have taken a stand for our family. If you had cut off relationships with the guilty parties once you knew the truth. If you hadn't joined the elders in the cover-up of the truth. If you would recant your letters of reference for an admitted sex offender who victimized my own child.

You had all the information. You knew and did nothing.

All the good deeds seem rotten now.

No comments: