If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who you should care about...

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument" - C. S. Lewis.

The most recent comments that I have highlighted in my posts were for the express purpose of letting my reader see first hand, with their own eyes the type of thinking our family had dealt with in our former church. The way some individuals belittle childhood sexual abuse.It's dangerous thinking to say the least! I will not argue about the doctrine, some of which is sound. But I believe most of my readers are smart enough to know other biblical principles that would support why I am compelled to bring awareness to this subject.

The obvious reason that I highlight Patrick and the other Rojas members, who aided Patrick in his grooming process and covered up his crimes,is because it's what I have to draw from. It's my story. It's how I know what I now know.

Because I know what I know about Patrick, I also know that he is still a clear and present danger to children. As satisfying as it would be to know that Patrick was behind bars somewhere, it's not worth the reality of what that would mean.It would mean that there was another little girl sexually violated by Patrick.I can't bear the thought of that, which is the reason I want everyone that is in Patrick's life and his community to be aware of what he is capable of doing.

It has been 3yrs this August since Patrick was sentenced in the plea agreement made with the state. Pedophiles are known for their patience. They are methodical. This would be about the time frame for someone like Patrick to gain the trust back within his circle of friends and family. People get busy, they forget, they let down their guard.That is when a pedophile strikes!I could careless about Patrick one way or the other. But what I do care about are the innocent children that are within his grasp. That is who you should care about!

7 comments:

A servant of God said...

Luke 6:27-37

27 “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. 31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

32 “If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

A servant of God said...

Matthew 18:21-35

21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
23 “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.’ 27 And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe.’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’ 30 He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

Danielle said...

Again, I would say, "This is not about forgiveness." This isn't about loving my enemy. This is about awareness. This is about prevention.

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I admire you. Keep protecting those innocent children you and your family are wonderful people.
Thank you for all you do to protect my loved ones

Dee

Anonymous said...

I echo Dee's comment, thank you for standing up for what's right and protecting those that are innocent when you are faced with so much opposition. You inspire me.
Bethany

Anonymous said...

this is what this blog is trying to stop. NO MORE VICTIMS!!!!(this person is not a victim of Patrick's)


Innocence

Innocence stolen without my permission
Innocence gone without my submission

Innocence lost through an others plan
Innocence no longer for another man

Innocence turned to hatred and fear
Innocence gone no man can come near

Innocence taken from a little girls heart
Innocence replaced by mistrust,you thought you were smart

Innocence disappears like dew in the sun
Innocence faded before it begun

Innocence obscured like a cloud over the moon

Innocence ripped away too soon

written by Mandi Ducroq

submitted on here by Dee

Anonymous said...

I admire your constant struggle with forgiveness and awareness. Sexual molestation is a crime that is not usually done by the "creepy" guy at the corner store that happens to say hi to passing kids. It's done by neighbors, cousins, uncles, aunts, friends of the family, church members, etc. People need to be aware of that.