If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not My Responsibility

It's as if Patrick's supporters believe all of this is on me. Like I am responsible for something. Like if I would just be silent, Patrick would be "normal." That is dangerous, ignorant thinking. Patrick should never be considered "normal." Call him repentant if you must, call him miraculously healed if you dare, call him washed white as snow but do not, not for one moment believe he isn't a constant threat to children.

Given the right circumstances, the right opportunity, the temptation to re-offend will be so strong. Will he be able to control his desires? His sin nature? No one can say with certainty,that he will.

Why would anyone on Gods' green earth knowingly put their child within the grasp of a known pedophile? Why tempt "poor Patrick?" As one of my readers put it. Trusting God does not mean we don't use our brain!

We are suppose to learn from our past, right? Eddie "caught" Patrick, Patrick repented. Eddie "caught" Patrick again, again, Patrick repented. We caught Patrick,for the third time he repented. Meanwhile, six little girls were sexually violated. Their sexual purity robed. Patrick's specific past indicates that his repentance for his sexual crimes is clearly not enough to stop him from re-offending!!

That is why this is not about forgiveness. My forgiveness will do nothing for Patrick's future victims. My forgiveness will not ensure that Patrick will not strike again. My forgiveness is between me and God. I may get there, someday...

No comments: