If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Friendly Fire

Well, I have been getting a little friendly fire lately from my own. Other Christians.

The longer I am away from the rhetoric that our former pastor, Eddie Rojas, preached at PHFCC, along with the mind set of the elders and many of the families that attended PHFCC, the clearer it becomes that their thinking is far from biblical. They may quote scripture but they distort the meaning as it pertains to someone like a known sexual predator. A sexual predator isn't someone you can just say I forgive you to and then move on as normal. Warning others as to the documented potential danger their children would be in if left unattended with someone such as Patrick isn't an act of revenge.

Some of the worst damage that has been done to me in my lifetime has come from friendly fire. I have my issues. I have baggage. I get that. This blog isn't one of them.

No comments: