If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not Your Way

Maybe this would not be the way you would deal with crimes such as these committed against someone in your family. But it has been the way I have chosen to communicate this part of my families story. Just because it's not your way....doesn't mean it's the wrong way.

From my view, it has been my responsibility to educate and warn others, since the system failed and individuals in authority were staying silent.

I have gone outside of myself in hopes that something redeeming might come out of my families nightmare.

I could have shut down and pretended none of this happened. Pretend that all was good with our family and been living a lie. Perpetuating the damage. Sabotaging our families healing process. I could have ignored the fact that other children would be in danger, not just in general, but by someone I knew. That would have been wrong for me to do. It's just not me. But I do believe God is the ultimate judge and will without doubt bring about justice for anything not accomplished here on earth.

No comments: