If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Friday, March 20, 2009

What I'm Thinking...

Okay, this is harder than I anticipated. When I pull up the blog and see the faces of Eddie and Patrick it hits me hard. I know the necessity of this blog and in having their faces out there. It just takes my breath away every time. Then I remind myself it's only a picture. I have been trying to decide just how I wanted to continue with this blog. Asking myself what are my goals for the blog?

My
number one goal is for Eddie to be located and taken into custody so his girls have a chance of real healing. My next goal is to tell our story, partly to set the record straight and hopefully reach out to others who might be hurting from the same type of betrayal and victimization. I hate that not talking about these types of crimes keeps them hidden and allows predators to continue grooming more victims. I hope to shed light on something so unimaginable and heinous as to lesson it's power. Do you realize that the FBI stats are 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 5 boys are sexually molested or raped before the age 18. Repeat that. Sit on it. I knew molestation occurred, I was even very fearful of it occurring (so we were always very cautious) but I had no idea at what an alarming rate sexual molestation occurs.


I will talk another time in depth about our laws in relation to these types of crimes but let me just say our current laws reflect that we as a society care more about the abuse of an animal than we do sexual abuse of a child.

In thinking this through there are some lines I do not want to cross. I do not want to re-victimize the victim in my family, with that in mind I will only refer to what actually happened by the legal term of what Patrick should have been charged with or as "the crime." In addition I am going to refer to "the victim" or "our family" mainly. Know the victim was under 12yrs old and the abuser, Patrick, was 22yrs old at the time of the crimes....yes, plural.


I will ask you to send a link to this blog to all your contacts....we don't know where Eddie is and he might be fellowshipping with a friend or relative of yours.

Especially if you know someone in the Gig Harbor/Kitsap area they need to know who Patrick is and what he looks like. Patrick's 2yr probation will be up August 2009 and other than being registered as a level 2 sex offender till 2017 he will be free to do what he pleases. No one with authority or experience with these types of criminals will be monitoring him.
That sends chills down my spine!

No comments: