If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Friday, August 21, 2009

Being Real

I have a hard time saying out loud that 2yrs ago Patrick was sentenced for the crimes against my child. Two years sounds like such a long time ago. I can remember in a session with my counselor, when we were discussing leaving the door open on some of the relationships from the church and with some of the individuals that hurt me by the choices they made in supporting Patrick and the elders. The counselor made an off the cuff remark about two years from then.....I remember giving myself permission to grieve and understanding that this wasn't going away any time soon. But really two years. Here I am two plus years later and this is still a very big part of my life.

No comments: