If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Paperwork

This pile of paperwork is what I need to fill out in order to extend the protection order so Patrick can not contact our child in any way. I have to be in court Monday morning (tomorrow) to request the two week temporary extension of protection. Sometime in the two week period I will need to appear before another judge and explain why I want an extension of protection until my child is 18yrs old.

The way this has played out it will have taken me an e-mail that was never responded to, two phone calls to the probation officer, literally, a pile of paperwork and a total of three trips to the courthouse just to make sure Patrick legally can not contact our child while they are still a minor. We hope Patrick never tries to contact anyone of us in our family but we can only legally protect the actual victim. Our system is so hard to maneuver through but I feel it is very important to make it legally clear that we don't want Patrick to contact our child. Remember, Patrick told us he thought he loved our child. As much as I would like to say, "Of course Patrick won't try and contact us." I really don't want to take the chance. It would be devastating to our child if Patrick contacted them via e-mail or some other way.

No comments: