If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Choice

Speaking in general, I think it is wrong for someone in a church leadership role to determine if an individual convicted of a sexual crime is safe and should be around me or my family. I firmly believe that one of the ways to identify a sexual predator who is sincerely repentant is that the individual is transparent about their status as a sexual predator. I should have the choice to fellowship with the individual or not with full knowledge of their potential danger to me or my family.

My family was not given a choice. Eddie, Kathy and Jairus Rojas decided Patrick Rojas was repentant of his first victims and that he had stopped his sexual deviant behavior. They were wrong. My family suffered the consequences of their misjudgment.

I hope I am adequately communicating my point.


No comments: