If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Donate

When I posted the fact that there was a lawsuit pending against Eric and I and that I was going to hire an attorney I had someone comment that they wanted to donate money towards the lawyer. A week or so later I received a check in the mail. It was very touching and humbling that someone wanted to support our family in such a practical way.

Well today, I received another card with money enclosed from someone different, expressing their anger that we were being sued and of their desire "to want to do something to help." Again, humbled! This brought tears to my eyes. I not only felt touched from this individuals gesture of support but I also felt a spiritual support. Somehow these gestures help me feel that Eric and I aren't in this battle alone. We do have support. Practical and spiritual.

If this is a subject matter that has touched you personally or that matters to you and you want to help fight the battle against childhood sexual abuse, here are a couple of places that you can donate money to:

DARKNESS TO LIGHT

STOP THE SILENCE

Proverbs 11:24-25 "There is one who scatters, yet increases more: and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty. The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself."

No comments: