If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Glad Game

I have some things to be glad about...

I am glad that Patrick cannot legally contact my child for at least the next two years.

I am glad my family has cut almost all the ties with the families from our former church. I know this is hard for some individuals to understand. I know some individuals interpret our separation as hardened, bitter hearts. But those who know us well understand and see the wisdom in the separation. I needed to be free from some of the misguided mindsets. I needed to be free to live out my pain with those who would support me. I needed not to hear about others fellowshipping with people that devastated me by their words, actions, or non-actions.

I am glad we live in a different area now. I am glad for the fresh start in a community, even though it is hard to start over. I am glad my family can start anew. I like to think I won't run into anyone from our former church on our side of the bridge.

I am glad that I have individuals both known and anonymous encouraging me, even thanking me for this blog.

I am glad that the readers of this blog are taking Our Story seriously and forwarding the information on to others. That people all over our country and some abroad are on the lookout for Eddie and Kathy Rojas and their family.

I am glad that God is in control. I am glad to write this blog and bring awareness and understanding as to the effects of childhood sexual abuse. I know I am to use this venue as a way to locate Francis Edward Rojas.

I am glad to know I do not need to make anything happen myself.....God is working.

2 comments:

freddyeddy said...

I love the positive outlook!
There are a lot of great things happening!
Good for you!

I hope Eric is well, please tell him hi for us.

Finally, I love the Pascal quote!

Danielle said...

Thanks Fred :)