If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Psychologically Trapped

I have wondered so many times why Kathy doesn't protect her girls. She knows intimately the effects abuse has on an individual. How could she allow her own flesh and blood to be in harm's way for so many years? How could she allow her children to suffer the consequences of being fugitives?

Kathy is an adult. Kathy is intelligent. Kathy runs the family home. Kathy most likely has hours in a day when Eddie is not at home, where she could flee with the children. Kathy could make an anonymous phone call to the police.

I believe Kathy is emotionally trapped. I don't even know if Kathy realizes that she is trapped. Kathy is an adult survivor of severe childhood sexual abuse. My opinion is that Kathy is paralyzed by a combination of things: Eddies controlling nature, Kathy's twisted biblical views, and Kathy's personal history of childhood sexual abuse. For the sake of her daughters, I pray she finds the courage to break out.

Part 1

No comments: