If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why ?

Over the last few days I have been trying to understand why Patrick would contest the no-contact order. I just cannot come up with one reasonable answer. Allowing me to secure a no-contact order on behalf of my child would have been a way Patrick could have deferred to my family and the desire to protect my child. No one in my family has any desire to dialogue with Patrick at all. Our child is fearful that Patrick would contact the child to ask for forgiveness or to try and communicate something else. For Patrick to do so would be purely selfish. I will admit I do not know what Patrick's motives are.

Let me be clear no one in our family has any desire to communicate with Patrick or receive communication from Patrick. His words would mean nothing to us. I wouldn't believe what came out of Patrick's mouth if my life depended on it. He has years upon years of lying and deceiving. Patrick is a calculating well-rehearsed manipulator.

Why can't I just have this one piece of legal paper that states Patrick can not contact my child? This would give my child a sense of security. Why can't Patrick at the very least give us that without contesting it?

No comments: