If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Friday, March 12, 2010

Eddie's in Israel. What now?

Immediately after I learned of Eddie Rojas' location in Israel, I contacted the Kitsap County sheriff in charge of his case. I assumed nothing could be done to bring Eddie back to the states, but wanted to confirm that fact. After confirming, I took some time to consider the next step.

The least I could do was to make sure that the community in which the Rojas family was living was aware of the circumstances that brought them to Israel. The leaders of the church there were alerted about a week ago and now know, although they have not responded to this notification. Something about the lack of response of any kind from the leadership feels familiar. And concerning, to say the least.

It seems it's time to let the viral world do it's thing. If you know people in Jerusalem, I would strongly urge you to make sure they are aware of the Rojas story and familiar with their picture. Let them know who and what they are dealing with. Let them have a chance to guard their family and a chance to urge Eddie to return to the states, turn himself in, and cooperate with the ongoing investigation into Patrick's additional crimes.

Let other families know. Give them the information they need to empower them to choose how to respond. We never knew. We didn't have a choice.

No comments: