If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Until it is clear that there is nothing left to say...

I realize if you don't know me by reading my blog you may think that my life is only focused on the Rojas family. Let me assure you with six children and a husband the Rojas family and my blog only get a fraction of my attention. What Patrick did changed me. What the leadership hid still effects me but it does not define me.

I could have just let this fade away. I didn't have to start a blog. It was scary to start my blog. It was close to a years time of thinking about the blog before I made my first post. I originally thought I may post a few things and then be done with it. There have been two specific times when I thought I was done posting. I layed it down before the Lord. Each time after a time of reflection it was clear what I was to post next. I wish I didn't have so much to say. I wish this wasn't part of my life. But at the end of the day I want to be able to say, "I fought for you." "You" being my daughter, "you" being the Rojas girls, "you" being the unsuspecting family. I want to be able to say I did all I knew how to do within the restraints of my life circumstances to help "you" and to warn "you" and to bring about justice for "you."

This is my driving force. This is what keeps me going. Until it is clear that there is nothing left to say. Until Patrick and Eddie Rojas cooperate with the police in the ongoing investigation of Patrick's additional crimes I will continue to post. Until Patrick is properly labeled and monitored I will continue to warn others. Until then I will continue to share my story and what is on my heart as it pertains to this part of my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I" know the most of you..you are energetic, beautiful (as is your family), you love others, you go out of your way to help those in need, you pray for us, you are involved...and so much more. I do not think anyone would know, by an acquaintance relationship that you and your family have even gone through this trauma. And I appreciate that you are willing to keep on..keeping on....deb

Anonymous said...

SO well said! And I echo your sentiments very closely....the fight for truth within our power and realm of influence can not ever stop. EVER. The lessons learned are life lessons for our whole family. And although I wish none of us were going through any of the pain, I am so thankful that our families are somehow in this together....that you are a someone who "gets it" and FIGHTS for those who need defending. Keep letting HIM lead and I know that this blog is touching so many-Erin

Anonymous said...

For the sake of your heart, might I ask if you would be open to surrendering this to the vengeance and justice of the Lord?

It just sounds to me that you are not allowing this wound to heal, and by constantly keeping the wound open, it will never heal - just fester. That isn't healthy.

I am speaking not as one who knows you personally, but as one who has gone through the same thing - my little boy was molested terribly by the son of a Christian family that we welcomed into our home during their sabbatical from being overseas. I am also speaking as one who is free from bitterness, doubt and frustration - by the grace of our God, I am free. And you can be, too...

Danielle said...

Anonymous,
It is for the sake of others that I have made this blog, it is for the sake of others that I have revealed such a deep and personal part of my families lives. I know true justice for Patrick, Eddie, Kathy, and other key players will only come through God. I also know that being an active participant in what the spirit is doing is healthy. I believe that a portion of my personal healing is coming via this blog. I am heart broken to hear that your child experienced sexual abuse. I am glad you are on the other side of the pain that the abuse caused.