If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Friday, May 15, 2009

How Are We Doing? (part 4)

My toddler and my baby won't remember anything. But at such formitive ages they had two parents who were only shells of who they had been with the previous four children. I am still really sad about that.

In some ways, the older kids tried to keep the behavior standards with them better than we did as parents. My toddler ended up with a lot of anger issues to deal with. I think he was frustrated often by the lack of boundaries and the inconstancy of his schedule. I think he didn't know what to expect from me from day-to-day. I do see a change in him now, as I have been more available to him emotionally.

I think my baby, who is now the toddler, has fared fairly well. Maybe it was the nursing that kept me connected to her emotionally and helped her feel secure. She was nurtured by everyone in the family. She was the new cute, fun, and lovable baby. She was a pretty happy baby, which I think helped. I consider that Gods' grace. A fussy baby at this point quite possibly would have pushed me over the edge.

No comments: