If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stranger

The sister of some family friends is a lawyer in another state. Our friends contacted her and started asking her questions about some things that were happening in our case. She offered to talk with me and to answer any questions I might have.

When you are a victim of a crime, the state takes the case over. You really don't have a say as to how they proceed in the matter. We were in no position to hire an attorney to get advice on some of the different questions that we had. This women spent countless hours reviewing case law, helping us draft letters to the authorities, reminding me what mattered and encouraging me. This is a women I had never met, but she helped me personally on this case and spoke life into me. At times, she helped me have the strength to go the next mile. She helped because she knew this was an issue that all to often isn't taken seriously. She lives clear across the country, yet God allowed our paths to cross.

This is another picture of how God took care of us.

No comments: