If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why'd They Stay

I do think that one reason it was hard for so many families to even consider what was really happening was because they didn't want to leave the church. I think most of the families attending this church really believed there was no other church in the nearby area to attend. This was "the" church. The only church that had it all right. Any other church would have too many areas of compromise. I know our family truly felt this way.

The families at this church were too connected and didn't want to part ways. I remember thinking that the families could meet anywhere else, just not under Jim and Dave. Gather, worship God, fellowship anywhere else but there. I felt like the adults didn't want to shake the apple cart. 



It was like no one wanted to see the truth, because then they would have to deal with it. 


These were intelligent men and women who sought the Lord. Maybe this is the unconscious reason why they allowed the leaders to control so much of the information. The fear of doing something that wasn't biblical was so overwhelming it debilitated the congregation from any action at all. They allowed the leaders to dictate what was biblical while they continued on with life.

No comments: