If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

There are so few appropriate words....


Song For A Friend

click the song title for the link to hear the song

"There are so few appropriate words.....and everything that I try to say ends up coming out
absurd so I'm not ganna say anything to you....I'm just ganna stand by your side...I'm just ganna, hold your hand tight....I'm just ganna, stand by your side until it's through................... I could say that I love you a hundred times....then I go turn my back on you those words prove to be lies...so I'm not ganna say anything to you....I'm just ganna stand by your side...I'm just ganna, hold your hand tight....I'm just ganna, stand by your side until it's through.

There are so few appropriate words.....and everything that I try to say ends up coming out
absurd so I'm not ganna say anything to you....I'm just ganna stand by your side...I'm just ganna, hold your hand tight....I'm just ganna, stand by your side until it's through................... I could say that I love you a hundred times....then I go turn my back on you ....those words prove to be lies...so I'm not ganna say anything to you....I'm just ganna stand by your side...I'm just ganna, hold your hand tight....I'm just ganna, stand by your side until it's through." An amazingly beautiful song I saw performed live by artist Kelli Schaefer.


This song expresses so appropriately how to be a friend in the midst of a crisis. Just be available. Be sensitive to the spirit. Be ready to be an advocate when appropriate.

I am so grateful for the individuals that have walked along side of me for the past 3years. These friends lived out this song. They are still by my side....holding my hand tight....and I trust they will see me through this....however long it takes.

No comments: