If someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds on your body?’ he will answer, ‘The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.’ Zech 13 v 6

Friday, November 13, 2009

Why Do You Still Try To Include Me?

Dear former friends,

I am not who I used to be. I would rather make a clean cut with the life that led to my child's victimization. If the invitation you send to me is for my benefit, then please do not bother. I moved away for a reason. I didn't send a forwarding address for a reason. I'm not your facebook friend. I do not call you. Do you really not get it?

It hurts me more to be your friend than not to be. It's not worth it for me to continue in fellowship with you. It is too hard for me to separate you from the other people that you still choose to fellowship with, or the role you played in supporting the Rojas family or the elders. I realize how selfish this sounds, but I see it more as self preservation.

We all have made choices in this whole madness. I choose to separate myself from the hurt. Please just let me go. Do not feel obligated to invite me to any events. I prefer to grieve the loss of your fellowship and move on.

No comments: